Whether you’re newly hired or well into your career at an Ohio college or university, we can assist you in developing a plan for building wealth and minimizing taxes.
New hires have an important decision to make in a short period of time. Within the first 120 days of your full-time employment, you must choose between the Ohio Alternative Retirement Plan (ARP) and the state pension plan (STRS/OPERS/SERS).
If you are an established employee, we can guide you through the supplemental investment opportunities available to you, including 403b plans.
We work primarily with the following Northwest Ohio schools:
The University of Toledo
Bowling Green State University
Owens Community College
Voya Financial Advisors is not affiliated with the colleges/universities listed above.
Together we can explore:
- If the Ohio Alternative Retirement Plan (ARP) is right for you
- The benefits of contributing to a 403b plan
- How marriage or divorce can impact your financial plan
- How to determine if you are saving enough for your future and your family
- The best time for you to retire
- How and when to access your account before retirement
Learning about Alternative Retirement Plan (ARP)
What does Ohio Alternative Retirement Plan (ARP) offer?
- Control over the investments funding your primary retirement plan
- Portability to move your vested account balances, without tax consequence, to other pre-tax retirement accounts or Individual Retirement Accounts when you leave employment
Why do many employees choose Ohio ARP?
- Immediate vesting of both the employee and employer contributions (at most local colleges and universities), allowing you to take your retirement assets with you if you leave the university
- Investment flexibility - with ARP, you can select a portfolio of investments designed around your personal risk tolerance, investment objectives and timeframe for the money
Insurance products, annuities and retirement plan funding issued by (third party administrative services may also be provided by) Voya Retirement Insurance and Annuity Company, One Orange Way, Windsor, CT 06095-4774. Securities are distributed by Voya Financial Partners LLC (member SIPC). All companies are members of the Voya® family of companies. Securities may also be distributed through other broker-dealers with which Voya has selling agreements. Insurance obligations are the responsibility of each individual company. Product and services may not be available in all states.
Neither Ohio Alternative Retirement Plan (ARP) nor the state pension plan (STRS/OPERS/SERS) is a one size fits all solution.
We look forward to meeting with you to explore the plan options and your individual needs so you can make your best choice.
Schedule a Meeting